Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Preferred Lip Balm



Battle between Softlips and Carmex




Softlips: Available in the U.S. for $1.00-2.00
Carmex: Available at Robinson's Dept. for Php109.75



Softlips
Active ingredientsPurpose
Dimethicone 2%Skin protectant
Octinoxate 7.5%Sunscreen
Octisalate 3%Sunscreen
Oxybenzone 3%Sunscreen
Uses

  • helps prevent sunburn
  • higher SPF gives more sunburn protection
  • helps prevent and temporarily protects chapped or windburned lips

source: http://softlips.com/products.php

Carmex

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Octinoxate and Oxybenzone, two sunscreen agents

OTHER INGREDIENTS
beeswax, cetyl ester, camphor, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, lanolin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam)seed oil, menthol, ozokerite, paraffin, petrolatum, phenol, salicylic acid and theobroma cacao(cocoa) seed butter.

PROTECTS FROM WIND AND SUN
Replaces moisture and protects lips from sunburn.
HELPS HEAL CHAPPED LIPS
Contains germ-killing menthol and phenol, speeding the healing process.
source:http://mycarmex.com/our-products/carmex-strawberry-stick/default.aspx



my Verdict: I prefer Carmex over Softlips. I find the Carmex a bit more moisturizing and more menthol-y. It has this certain lip tingling sensation that feels like you have plumped lips. The moisturizing effect stays longer than its counterpart. I put it on my lips at night and when I wake up I still feel the balm-y effect of it leaving my lips so soft and supple. Softlips can be a good second best alternative but compared to Carmex, it doesn't last long and you may need to reapply every so often. I think I might need to stock more on Carmex in the future.


2 comments:

  1. i haven't tried carmex yet! but for lip balm i use chapstick :)

    -Hazel
    Dress Me Up Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel! I've also used Chapstick back in the day, but trust me when you try Carmex, it may change your mind. I thought i found the best in Softlips but I was wrong. It's worth giving a try. Thanks for the comment! Goodluck and Godbless!

      p.s.
      i followed you on tumblr as well.(Divafairy)

      xoxo,
      Gina

      Delete