Sunday, August 5, 2012

Myra Vitaglow Tinted Moisturizer


A lot of people are in search of a drugstore alternative to a popular tinted moisturizer that's so costly (Laura Mercier), they say they almost found one. Except for the shimmer that is.


Myra, as Filipinos knew, started as a supplemental Vitamin E capsule and eventually ventured to cosmetics and skincare by releasing lotions, creams, face powder, etc.
One thing I like is their moisturizer. It doesn't break me out and could it get any better if they'll release a tinted version of it. I thought I would toss away my foundation after this.



As the picture above shows, it happens to be a bit too dark for me. I understand this was made specifically for Filipinas that are a majority, beautiful Morenas. I wish it had a lighter version for us who are on the pale side. But still I could probably rock it by giving me a slightly fake tan on summer.


Problem is when you go out and hit the sun, you suddenly transform into a Twilight Vampire. What I mean is you sparkle, yes you indeed GLOW like a glitter. Being an oily-faced person, I am a fan of the matte type of cosmetics thats why this part disappointed me. A lot.
But then again I would still probably use it I but have to really brush a lot of matte powder on to my face for the shimmer to subside.


I guess the R&D team of Myra never tested these on makeup gurus or makeup enthusiasts first, so they could have known that too much glitter isn't that all flattering especially if you put it all over your face. I might just use this anyway on my legs and shoulders, giving me that needed glow where I want it to be. Now off to the beach, Gurl! :)


Repurchase? I would if they would elimitate that disturbing glitter/shimmer and add a variety of shades.

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment